Friday, May 13, 2011

Status Update.

Hey everyone!
So trip to the doc's went alright. The idea of Diabetes is off the table now (thank god!), and I am just waiting for some blood work results to come back.
I have formulated a possible plan of action. The hike will no longer be a thru-hike attempt. Such a thing really is beyond the scope of successful ambitions for myself at this point. Rather, I will be breaking the hike up into sections that will be attempted in consecutive hike seasons. I will be spending the next few weeks here at home doing day hikes and walks to build up stamina with two goals in mind: First, is that in two weeks time I will be doing the Skyline To The Sea Trail just to make sure I am ready to head back out to the PCT. Second, is that shortly after the Skyline To The Sea, I will head up to the high sierra around the Tahoe area and begin heading north from there.
Then the following season I will start tackling the rest of California.
I have had to reassess my approach and goals these last few days. I have been asking myself the big question of, "What needs to happen to ensure a long term success?" note that I did not ask, "What I would like to do..." But rather, "What needs to happen..."
And right now there are certain things that I don't necessarily like, but that need to happen in order for all of this to be successful.
I will post more updates as they become apparent.
-Cody
p.s. Again any feed back is highly encouraged and appreciated. Just send them to frankswalk@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment